Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Love Food!

One of the biggest challenges for me in this journey is food. As I'm sure it is for many others.  I love food.  Plain and simple. It is everywhere.  Our society has become obsessed with food.  Take a look at Pinterest.  I absolutely adore Pinterest.  I waste hours on there if I'm not careful. But tell me that you can scroll through there and look at all of those wonderful food pictures, especially the desserts, and not crave them. I just have to keep telling myself....food is not the answer.  It may taste good when you eat but being skinny (healthy) is way better. Now don't get me wrong, I am always on the lookout for good recipes and will continue to be but now I am looking for healthy ones.

Here are some that I am planning on trying soon....

Roasted Cabbage

Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms

Hummus Melts

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares

Personal Sized Baked Oatmeal

Healthy Egg McMuffin Copycat

I'm hungry just thinking about them!  See what I mean :)  At least they are all healthy recipes.

Have any to share?

~Jessica

6 comments:

  1. I also enjoy food a lot. Exercise is pretty natural to me but limiting my caloric intake is a lot more challenging. I have been wanting to make the Personal Size Baked Oatmeal for a while. I am curious to hear how those turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way! I LOVE food! And living in a different country with all this new food is TORTURE! It's no wonder I gained so much weight when I moved here!

    But I still believe in having the food I like, just a smaller amount. Who says we have to have a big serving to enjoy it! It still tastes the same if we only have half of it!

    I think it is such a mental thing, dieting. We have to accept certain things and let go of others. It is hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is mental, Nikki! I always say moderation is key :)

      Delete
  3. Oh and I am SO trying some of those recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, I nominated you for an award!

    http://jayellegf.blogspot.ca/2012/10/my-first-award-nominations.html

    ReplyDelete