Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back In the Saddle...

I guess I was never really out of the saddle but I haven't been posting here.  Oops!   Life has been crazy, but a good kind of crazy.

Our son kept us super busy playing ball all summer.  He goes all year round with one thing or another.  Currently he is playing football and fall baseball.  We love it though!

We did head out of town for a couple of fun weekends which was so great for our family.

I have still been running and lifting weights.  Being busy isn't going to keep me from taking care of myself.  The same can't be said for my house at all times :)

Over the summer I ran a couple of 5k's.  My current PR for a 5k is 24:51.  I also ran a 5 miler.  Running a half keeps popping into my head and I keep squashing it down.  And then I thought, why not give it a shot.  I started Hal Higdon's Novice 2 half training program this week.  Guess I better start looking for a half to register for.

I will leave you with a family picture from one of our weekends out of town and I will be back soon to update you on how my running is going! 

Thanks for reading!



~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment