Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Change

I am a 31 year old with a boyfriend (9 years!!) that I adore and a 10 year old son that is my world. When I was a child, I was always very thin. Almost too thin. I ate junk and never gained a pound. When I graduated high school, I weighed 108 lbs. When I was 19, I started to put on some weight but nothing major. When I got pregnant with my son in 2001 at 20 years old, I weighed about 140 lbs.  That was a pretty healthy weight for me but I felt a little chunky.  I gained almost 60 lbs. during my pregnancy, giving birth at just about 200 lbs. I was devastated when I saw that number on the scale.  I lost some of the weight but was still overweight. When my son was 1, my husband and I divorced. This was the spring of 2003.  Soon after I lost a lot of weight but probably not the healthy way.  I didn't set out to lose the weight but it just happened as a result of the stress from the divorce. When I started dating my boyfriend in the fall of 2003, I probably weighed about 135 lbs. I felt great but was not healthy.  I definitely didn't eat healthy but I just didn't eat much.  Over the years since, I have slowly put some weight on.  I decided a year ago at 175 lbs. that enough was enough.  I started running.  I did it on and off for a while and lost a little bit of weight but I didn't exercise on a regular basis. I did some Zumba, some running, etc. but didn't change my diet. Over the last few months I have really upped my exercise.  I am running on a regular basis.  I started weight training this week.  I also track all of my calories on My Fitness Pal. So here I am today at 163 lbs. and invite you to follow me on my way to a healthy life.

via fitsugar.com



~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment